Unlike fine jewelry, costume/fashion jewelry in time will discolor, tarnish or become less shiny. They do have a natural "wear and tear". But all the brands we carry take pride in using the highest technology to extend the duration and beauty of its pieces. Many layers of gold plating, high fusion and other techniques are used to make sure you can enjoy your jewelry for a really long time. However, caring well for your pieces is crucial. Here are some important tips:
- Avoid contact with lotions, detergents, soap, perfume, sunblock, hair dyes, etc. Their residues can stain or cause stones to become opaque.
- Do not use commercial jewelry cleaners, harsh chemicals or abrasive products. Instead, use a soft cloth and, if needed, wash them with warm water and mild soap, and immediately dry it completely with a soft cloth.
- Don't wear jewelry while swimming or showering.
- Leather pieces should avoid contact with water or excessive sunlight.
- Store your pieces in their individual bags, away from humidity and light. Keep them away from coins, or other metals that can interact and change their color.
- Handle stones with care, to prevent damage.